Halloween Night is supposed to be full of terrors, but for all the right reasons -- spooky ghosts, creepy goblins, and manic monsters. The team at Dubwerx wants to make sure your night is festive and fun with no unwanted and dangerous scary surprises. Unfortunately, children are two times more likely to be killed in a traffic accident than any other night this year. Here are 10 safety tips for driving on Halloween:
- Make sure to use your headlights, even in the daylight. You can see others on the road, and others can see you.
- Eliminate all distractions, including your cellphone.
- Turn the radio down. All your senses need to be firing on all cylinders, including your hearing.
- Drive slower than the posted speed limit, especially in residential areas. With all that candy, children are bound to get excited.
- Pay close attention at crosswalks or corners, and make sure to come to a complete stop at any stop signs.
- Don’t pass cars parked in the street, as they might be picking up or dropping off passengers. Keep your eye out for any children exiting the vehicle and crossing the street.
- Back out of any driveways with extreme caution.
- Don’t forget to communicate with other drivers -- use your turn signals and headlights!
- If you are planning to celebrate with alcohol, assign a designated driver or utilize Uber or Lyft, easily accessible through your phone.
- If you see a drunk driver or just unsafe driver on the road, call 911. It is better to be safe than sorry.
- Bring your Audi, Volkswagen, or Porsche to Dubwerx in Cincinnati, OH for an inspection. Each component of your vehicle needs to be performing properly. Imagine if you were on a dimly lit street, and your headlights failed to work. Our team can ensure each aspect of your vehicle is ready to go.
Contact Dubwerx today for an appointment with our specialty technicians. We look forward to meeting you and your European vehicle! We are located at 6323 Madison Rd.Cincinnati, OH 45227, and our hours are Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM.