A Green Shop
Choices that promote sustainability and the health of our environment are important to Dubwerx. Choosing to keep your Volkswagen vehicle or Audi automobile properly maintained will help you do your part to lower emissions and improve fuel economy. Volkswagen vehicles and Audi automobiles both have options that are more emissions friendly and benefit from increased fuel economy. If those things are important to you, please call us before you purchase your next vehicle so we can help you make the most environmentally and economically sound purchase. In our shop, we make choices wherever we can to promote sustainability and reduce waste. Below are a few of the actions we have taken
- Installation of skylights and energy efficient lighting to reduce energy consumption.
- Recovering left over energy in used engine oil by recycling it for use in heaters.
- We receive a TON of cardboard and are lucky to have a paper mill around the corner; they just love it when we give them all of our cardboard and office paper to recycle into new paper products.
- When we replace any parts on your vehicle made of steel or aluminum, we collect the worn out parts and recycle them properly.
- We absolutely collect all vehicle fluids. We are able to recycle engine oil, manual transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, automatic transmission fluid, and diesel fuel for use as heating fuel or to be refined back into usable products. We recycle coolant to be refined back into new coolant. Air conditioning refrigerant is recovered and saved for future use. If we have to drain gasoline, we save it and use it in our pickup truck! Any other fluids that we are not able to separate or use are collected by a proper hazardous waste removal company. We do our absolute best and take seriously the responsibility of the fluids we work with. We understand the challenges facing our planet at this time and want to be part of those who are doing what they can to help. We encourage you to do the same and welcome any ideas or input on how we can improve in this area.